Back-to-school season brings fall allergies, common colds and playground bumps and bruises. This means the contents of your medicine cabinet is more important than ever. You don’t want to have to make a late night run to the store, so today’s CarePro Health Services blog is about back-to-school medicine cabinet must haves. All of these items can be purchased at our pharmacy locations.
Back-to-School Medicine Cabinet Must Haves:
- Ace bandage
- Aloe Vera gel
- Antibacterial ointment
- Bandages in assorted sizes
- Burn cream
- Cotton balls
- Cotton-tipped swabs
- Hydrocortisone anti-itch cream
- Large, sterile gauze pads
- Medical tape
- Rubbing alcohol
- Reusable cold packs
- Reusable heat packs
- Sanitizing wipes or hand sanitizer gel
- Saline solution (for use as eye wash)
- Sharp Scissors
Most of the above items can be found at a CarePro Pharmacy location and so can the following medications you should have in your medicine cabinet as well.
- Analgesic throat spray- back to school season brings a variety of sicknesses brought home from the classroom. A sore throat will likely hit home sometime this fall, so having throat spray on hand can keep the tears of pain from flowing.
- Antacid tablets- sometime during the beginning of the school year, your child’s stomach may not agree with something they ate at lunch at antacid tablets will help with the irritation.
- Child-formula decongestant- for the days of fall allergies and cold season, a decongestant can keep your child comfortable without the sniffles from fall allergies or a cough.
- Child thermometer- a child sized thermometer will help your child feel less nervous about taking their temperature. This will also help you decide if you need to take your child to the doctor or not.
CarePro Health Services hopes your medicine cabinet is stocked for the back to school season. If you need any of these must haves, stop into one of our pharmacies today for all of your medicine cabinet needs.