For years, home modular ramps were constructed of wood. They helped people access their homes and allowed for customization to match the surrounding landscape. However, when aluminum ramps came on the market, the cracks in wooden ramps were exposed! Today, CarePro Health Services would like to compare aluminum ramps with wooden ramps:
- Contractors—Wooden ramps require that you hire a contractor, contact your utility provider and get permits.
- Upkeep—Wooden ramps are a lot like wooden decks—they need regular maintenance and upkeep in order to look nice and not deteriorate. If you’re not in the position to do this sort of maintenance on your home anymore, you will need to hire someone to take care of it.
- Time—Wooden ramps take longer to install. They can take anywhere from two to three days, depending on the size and layout.
- Cost—You’ll need to purchase quality lumber in order to prevent the wood from warping over time—which can get pricey.
- Maneuverability—Once built, it’s not easy to remove, expand or reconfigure wooden ramps.
Aluminum ramps can address many of the issues with wooden ramps. For example:
- Aluminum ramps are easy to install and don’t require permits.
- They’re low maintenance.
- They can be installed in less than a day.
- They are traditionally more affordable than wooden ramps and are better for the environment.
- They can be quickly and easily reconfigured.
With these two lists, which one do you think is better for your home? Call us today. Not only do we have aluminum ramps in stock, we can also install them for you!